Donnerstag, 14. August 2014

The waiting for and arrival of Inkeri

Finally I found a sister for Toivo in that big, famous auction house on the internet. A LittleFee Ante. I sneaked around her for some weeks and she didn't find a new home. So I asked for a private layaway and that was what we did.
Toivo was excited to get someone to play with. He liked her from the pics.
The wait were some months, and I used the time to get everything ready for her. First thing was not something to wear but something to cuddle.






I knitted her a doll. An itty-bitty-tiny doll. I am awfully proud of that.
She would need a tunic and a blanket, too.
Toivo spend his time playing with the tractor I bought him,


or playing soccer.





One fine day I went to the customs office and picked her up.
Toivo got the scissors and waiting more or less patiently to me getting Inkeri's stuff.



We were both eager to get her out of the boxes.


"Wait just a minute! It won't take long!"





"Hurry up, mom!"





"So much paper."






"Mom, help me! She must be in here."



"I'll open the zipper. Are you okay in there?"





"Let me give you a helping hand."
After unwrapping her, putting her hands and feet on and the tunic, she was standing there.



"Welcome, Inkeri! Will we be friends? Would you like something comforting?"
Yes, that was a good idea. It was a long journey from the US to Germany, and being in an unknown surrounding can be quite intimidating.





Having a soft, cuddly doll feels very comforting. And having a sweet big brother is not bad either.





Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen