Sonntag, 24. August 2014

A day in the garden

We had a beautiful summer here in Northern Germany. Sunshine and warmth over weeks! So went spend the days in our small garden in the backyard.






Enough space to sit and play, a bit of shade, so it didn't go too hot. Of course Toivo took his beloved tractor with him, Inkeri had her Dollie with her.










"Dollie has to sleep now."





"I'll sing you a lullaby." Humming she stroke Dollie's head until she was asleep.



"Look, flowers in just my size!"





All girl like to pluck flowers.




 "For you, Mom!"





While Toivo played with his tractor and the wooden cow...





...Inkeri watched the small clouds. And then she looked up into the pear tree.
"I want to sit up there!"





"What did you say?" - "I said, I want to sit up there. In the tree."





"It's pretty high. We would have to climb." - "I love climbing, you know."





"Let's go."
So they went over to the tree for to climb it.






They tried very hard.





"That doesn't work." - "The first branch is totally out of reach."






I left them discussing the matter. When I returned I found Inkeri in a very unexpected place.





Dangling on the drier. That was dangerous. But Inkeri didn't think twice. She is such a tomboy...





I had to talk seriously with them. And for the rest of the afternoon I kept them on the table by my side.





They got cookies anyway.

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen