Freitag, 10. April 2015

Leentje's story

Today my second PukiPuki arrived. She is a tan Ante and oh so lovely. I already knew that her name is Leentje when I ordered her but I didn't know anything else. She only would tell me eye to eye.
So I was very curious when I unpacked her. She came wigless, but luckily the wig I ordered her from Tabloach (highly recommended!) arrived even earlier. The wig fits perfectly and is just the right one for Leentje's personality, whatver that might be.
If I had thought that she would tell me right away who and what she is, I was wrong. She took her time to explore where she is now at home and made sure she gets a dress that really fits. I'm working on that right now. Let's hope it will be successful.

Leentje is sitting on my laptop now and is willing to talk.

"As you maybe can tell by my favorite colors, which are green and bright yellow, orange, and blue, and lilac, I am a sprite. Spring is my time of the year! I am so fond of all those spring flowers. Especially of the small, tiny ones. Dwarf-daffondils for example. And those tiny violets and scillas and crocusses. I was born in a crocus, you know. It was a yellow one, so those are my absolut favorites and feel like home to me. That's no wonder, right? Home is always best, the saying goes.
Well, I've outgrown crocusses, I fear.
I've got several tasks in spring time. The most important is to ring the snowdrops as soon as they bloom to awaken all the other spring flowers. And I have to take care of the crocusses and pileworts and daffodils and violets and the early primulae.
When Easter comes I have to ring the daffodils to remind everyone that now the re-newing of the earth is taking part, that is very important, because all nature's sprites have a feast on Easter to greet the warming sun. Well, down-under, where there is the season of autumn, it is more a feast of sending nature to sleep and rest, but here it is a feast of awakening and growing.
Because of that feast I had to delay my arriving here, you know. That is nature's most important feast, at least to me. Yes.
I am not the only spring sprite, of course. That would be too much work for only one! We are many all over the world, and everyone of us has his or her own area where he or she has to do his or her work.
So that is my story. And as you now know it, you can carry on with knitting a fitting dress, please."

She is a determined little lady for sure.

2 Kommentare:

  1. Ah that commentry from Leentje really made me smile. What a cute little sprite she is, and such a busy one at that with all those snowdrops and daffodils to ring. Somehow I think you are going to have your hands full with that one Aurinel. :)
    Hugs,
    X

    AntwortenLöschen
    Antworten
    1. Oh, she is a sweetie! And always eager to go out. ;) Her biggest worry right now is to bring her siblings home. We're still looking for Greetje (summer) and Tetje (winter), but Beekje (autumn) will come next month. :) Seems that Pukipukis multiply as bad as Pukifees...

      Löschen