Donnerstag, 29. Januar 2015

Snow at the beach

Winter has come, finally. More or less. It snowed on saturday, then it got warmer, the snow melted, but this night it started to snow again. With thunder and lightning. Thick, wet snow swirveled down on the ground. Sometimes it snow so hard that the blackbird that sat in front of our living room window got a white tail.
Sirpa wanted to go out in the snow. Her former home was in the southwest of the US, so snow was something exciting for her.
But she had no trousers, so I grasped my needles and some blue yarn and made her a pair. As I was ready, off we went. To the beach, into the snow.

So much snow!

Making a snowangel!

Let's go over there!

It's hard to walk in this snow.

I wanna play.

Let's build a snowman.

That is so much fun!

Time, to warm up a bit.

Bird foot marks.

Don't the ducks freeze in the the cold water?

I'm freezing. My fingers hurt.

So we went to a little café to enjoy winter from the inside.

That's good, too.


Now I'm feeling warm again, but that was fun, Mom. When do we get out into the snow again?











2 Kommentare: