Sonntag, 11. Januar 2015

Christmas

This year we spend Christmas otherwise as in other years. Normally, when we're at home, we set up the tree on Christmas Eve and I'm decorating it all by myself. No one is allowed in this time into our living room, so keeping up the suspence. Then we will go to church and attend the service with nativity play, after that we will eat sausages and potatoe salad and then, finally, gift giving comes near. I spend the last minutes in the living room alone, lightning the candles and such. And most important, waving good-bye to Santa, wishing him a good journey loudly.
This year we spent a week in Hohenfelde, in the same house where we have been in october. My mom was with us. It was cold and windy and rainy, no real Christmas weather, but in the oven we had a warm fire.




We found the perfect tree and my daughter carried it to the car all by herself. Hubbie and her decorated it. The tree should stand on the terrace but well, the storm drove it all over the place, destroying some off the small glass balls. So it stood in the living room on Christmas Eve. But we had a wonderful time anyway.








Inkeri and Toivo spend their time playing hide-and-seek.




I was happily knitting when Toivo came and called for help.




"Mom, I cannot find Inkeri!"
"Well, that's the meaning with hide-and-seek, to find the best hide ever."




"But I am searching now for so long! She is lost! Please, help me find her."
So up I went and helped searching. And then we found her.




In the basket with the logs. Sobbing quietly.




"Here you are! How, for heaven's sake, did you manage to climb up here?"

"Me thinks, it is the best hide to be found. But now my leg is stuck under this log. And I cannot move. Mom, help me out, please."

Toivo was so glad to have his sister back. Inkeri on the other hand, being undamaged, overcame her fright very soon and wanted to play on.
And then Christmas Eve came. All got presents, every single one. Which means every single person and every single doll.










Toivo was very pleased with the cars he got from my daughter. Inkeri loves her two rubber ducks.





On Christmas Eve the weather changed, less wind and more cold, so we got ice on the puddles. It didn't last long but was a very nice sight.

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen